October 29, 2008

Good and Great Leaders

This quote is found on page 2 in the introduction of the Leadership Education book, by Dr. Oliver DeMille we are reading this month:

Separation of intellectual learning from moral development most characterizes the modern conveyor belt educational system - from pre-school through post-doctoral studies. It is precisely this separation that parents and educators of our generation must overcome if we are to educate a generation of leaders with character and competence, who are both good and great.

Today, more than ever we need leaders with a moral backbone. WE are the ones who are educating tomorrows leaders, this is a very exciting but daunting task. I hope you find this book helpful in your endeavour to educate...I can't wait to hear what you think.

4 comments:

Anna Ramirez said...

Emma, this is the very quote I read to Todd last night. It led to a long discussion. I am excited to write this month's paper(s).

Also, is there a way that we can go ahead and write papers on the books from the beginning (The Chosen, etc.) just to share on the site?

I appreciate all your posts, and I also appreciate that you reply to everyone else. It makes us feel good. :)

Sally said...

I just got my book yesterday but didn't know till today. Can I just say that I am thrilled to read this book & have a feeling I will devour it in a matter of a couple of days!

It is a daunting task ahead of us & on days llike today I only wonder why I bother. It is a learning process for all though.

Emma said...

Yes Anna, we are definately on the same page, in more ways than one. I had made it a personal goal to write a paper on the four books we have read prior to these books. I would love to have others do the same...

Anna Ramirez said...

Emma, I just bought all the books (that I didn't already have) up through our June book club. I think I'm addicted! :)